Aussie Concrete Products | Home – Concrete Sleeper Retaining Walls
Value, Strength & Style – Guaranteed To Last 35 Years
Established in 2004, Aussie Concrete Products is a Brisbane based manufacturer and supplier of concrete and steel retaining wall products. Enjoy the quality and durability of retaining wall products that will stand the test of time in Australian conditions, with an array of colours and patterns available to suit any landscape.
Introducing the BRAND
NEW Lite-Style Range!
Learn more about this great new product by watching a video:
- Video 1Introduction
to the Lite-Style
- Video 2Painting
- Video 3Factory Tour &
Meet the Team
(Cannon Hill, North Lakes,
Nerang & Arundel stores only)
- View ourCOMPLETE RANGEof Products
- View our Factory SecondsSALE50% OFF!
- For more
07 3245 1220
Why choose concrete sleepers over timber sleepers?
We get asked this question a lot! Here are just a few reasons why concrete sleepers are superior to timber sleepers:
1. Financial – Many people don’t consider the long term longevity of the materials used to build a retaining wall. Concrete sleepers last at least three times longer than timber, and although timber may be cheaper in the short term, you will inevitably be faced with expensive rectification costs when you need to repair or replace the wall due to termite damage, water damage, rotting or warping. Replacement or rectification costs can increase significantly when the retaining wall is situated in a tight or inaccessible area. For example, nowadays many new homes are being been built on small, sloping blocks, and so if a retaining wall fails, it is far more difficult for machinery to get in and so most labour has to be done by hand.
2. Environmental – Does the timber you are considering using come from a sustainable forest reserve, or from a poorly managed forest? Unsustainable practices can contribute to negative impacts on threatened species and land degradation. Also, apart from the potential leeching of chemicals from treated timber in to ground water, timber sleepers will release approximately five times more carbon dioxide in to the atmosphere over a 60 year period than concrete sleepers.
3. Safety – Aussie Concrete Products manufacture all products to design specifications, and testing is conducted on a daily basis to ensure product quality is maintained. Concrete sleepers are able to be reinforced, making them a more stable, durable and long-lasting choice over timber. Also, concrete is impervious to termites and won’t rot or warp which can potentially lead to wall collapse, posing a hazard to people and property.
4. Aesthetic – Unlike timber, concrete sleepers are available in a range of colours and designs to suit most landscapes. Also, maintenance costs are substantially lower when compared to the timber sleepers, due to concrete sleepers being extremely durable and resistant.